Good evening or good night or morning, already confused, because we are now on Sakhalin Island and here now at the time of writing the post 23:40, while in Moscow 16:40, the difference is extremely tangible, but let's go to the main topic :)
Today we went with AleksandrPelevin from Sheremetyevo Airport to the extreme border of our homeland, to the island of Sakhalin, where we were expected to test drive the new TOYOTA HILUX, as well as the updated LAND CRUISER PRADO …)
Separate respect to the TOYOTA representative for business class tickets, after all, a nine-hour flight is serious and in "business" this time flew by just in an instant!) First, they fed delicious food and worthy wines, and then managed to fall asleep easily, since the seat can be easily transformed into bed …) I was also surprised that everyone was given a rose, it was funny to watch how the entire business class salon en masse smelled them)
And now we are landing in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, which could be seen not only through the window, but also on the screens, where the image from the camera at the nose of the aircraft was broadcast, as in NFS straight!)
When we arrived, several TOYOTA ALPHARDs of the previous generation were already waiting for us outside. Having plunged, we went to the hotel. On the way, it became clear that 99 percent of the population's car fleet consists of right-handed cars, import duties were raised on them, but all the same, when choosing a car, fellow citizens vote for right-hand drives, although they have risen in price by an average of 20 percent.
I will also note that here there are often cars prepared for off-road, you see this is not just a style, but also a vital necessity in these regions :)
Very soon we found ourselves on the territory of our hotel for the next day. It is called Santa Resort Hotel and it is a real old-timer of the sphere - it has existed since 1993, and was created by the Japanese.
Since I often travel, I thought that it would be interesting and useful for you to receive information about the hotels where I stay, for sure it will be useful to you in the future :)
So, in front of you is a four-star hotel, which is located right in the city of Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, but in a park area, from which it is quiet and calm, and the air is so delicious …) We found new items before parking, about them a little below :)
The adjacent territory is good for relaxation - everything is green, neat paths, in general, you can really take a breath here, and I have never met my own … vegetable gardens in any hotel!) Yes, yes, you heard right, I found here beds with herbs, vegetables and berries, which then go to the kitchen so that guests can eat fresh natural food, that's cool!)
And the dog's warning is also funny) And also, if you visit here, be sure to ask where the parrot Masha is - she is huge and very funny repeats after people :)
As for my room - this is a standard room, it cost 5,700 rubles a day, in principle I liked everything about it, clean, tidy, comfortable. Spacious room with access to a balcony overlooking the forest belt.
But most of all I was surprised by the cabinet …) Since Japan is the closest neighbor here, the toilet turned out to be Japanese!) It comes with a whole instruction, for the first time I see such a "device", well, the Japanese give heat, even such an element was given additional features!)
Then we started a presentation, where they talked in detail about the new TOYOTA HILUX and the updated LAND CRUISER PRADO :)
Here are the basic data that I have highlighted for you, in more detail in the following notes:)
- in history, more than seven million LAND CRUISERs have been sold around the world!)
- Russia is the second country in the world for LAND CRUISER purchases (11 percent) after the Persian Gulf countries (33 percent)
- after three years a used LAND CRUISER on sale on average loses only 20% of its value
- The updated LAND CRUISER PRADO has a new six-speed automatic transmission, which is now installed on all PRADO versions and a new 2.8-liter turbodiesel, which is much quieter than its predecessor (consumers complained about this)
- the engine is really new in everything - block, piston, everything, everything :)
- it used a turbine of its own design with variable geometry, due to which the car became more responsive to pressing the accelerator
Now for HILUX:
- models for 55 years
- in three years it loses less than 10 percent in price on sale
- maximum trailer weight 3.2 tons
- maximum loading of the cargo compartment 800 kg
- completely new interior
- ground clearance 222 mm, entry angle 31, exit 26 degrees
- the frame is reinforced compared to its predecessor, completely redesigned towards greater rigidity in both torsion and bending
- complete with 17-inch wheels from the factory is equipped with off-road tires that behave with dignity on the road
- new modern control of the transfer case from the toggle switch
- in all trim levels is equipped with a rigid forced rear interwheel differential lock
- new diesel engines 2.4, instead of 2.5, as well as 2.8 instead of 3.0
- a six-speed automatic and six-speed mechanics are also being introduced
Here are the things:) In the morning we will start testing new items in harsh conditions, how do you like the new TOYOTA HILUX and the updated LAND CRUISER PRADO?
Best regards, Alan Enileev.