There are a huge number of car brands in the world, some of them are known all over the world. Cars have become an integral part of the needs of mankind, the first modifications were created by enthusiasts and craftsmen, and later the releases of vehicles received a wide scope and mass production. There are at least 500 car brands all over the world (these are only those that are operated outside of one country). Consider the features of the logos of the most popular of them.
Chinese car brands
Below are the most promoted brands from China and a brief description of them:
- Chery. The emblem of this brand traces the letter "A" in the form of an ellipse. In addition, the icon symbolizes the shape of the hands, which are characterized by unity and strength.
- FAW. The full version of the abbreviation is First Automobile Works. Also on the nameplate there is a symbolic image of an eagle for the Chinese. In fact, he is a company that spreads its wings and confidently conquers space.
- Geely. The corporation was founded in 1986. The Chinese car brand has an emblem with a white bird wing against a background of a mountain andblue sky. The name itself, in one of the interpretations, is translated as "happiness".
- Great Wall. In Russian, the name of the company is "Great Wall". This patriotic name is embodied in the brand's logo, reminiscent of a battlement of a Chinese wall. It embodies the style, elegance and high technology of the produced equipment.
- Lifan. At this enterprise of the Chinese automobile industry, they chose a badge depicting three sailboats. In translation, the name of the company is “going in full sail.”
Japanese car brands
The emblem of the famous corporation Honda is made in the form of a stylized letter "H" based on a square with rounded corners. The letter symbolizes the name of the founder of the company Honda Soichiro.
The Toyota brand has a multi-faceted logo that consists of three ellipses. Two of them are intertwined in the form of the letter "T". There are also several interpretations of this symbol. In one of them, they notice a thread threaded into a needle (a reference to the weaving past of the company). In another interpretation, they see combined hearts (driver and vehicle), which encircle a common ellipse.
Mitsubishi. In translation, the name of this brand is three diamonds. They are depicted on the emblem of the corporation and the family crest of its creator, Iwasaki. It is noteworthy that the badge has not been changed since its inception; it is quite common on the domestic market.
The Nissan car brand has a rising sun emblem with the brand name inscribed in the middle. The interpretation of the meaning of the logo is sincerity leading to success. One of the oldest Japanesecompanies have held this brand for over 80 years.
Suzuki. This concern at the beginning of its development was engaged in the production of looms and motorcycles. The nameplate has a modified letter S.
US made machines
Car brands with T-shaped badges transformed into a sword configuration belong to the Tesla company, which produces the most famous electric car. It is named after Serbian physicist Nikola Tesla.
The logo of the popular American brand Pontiac features a red arrow, which is located between a pair of impressive air intakes.
The Chrysler badge has an image of peculiar wings, emphasizing the swiftness and strength of the produced cars. The corporation has been operating since 1924 and includes a number of well-known automotive brands.
The Cadillac logo looks stylish. In the center of the nameplate is the family coat of arms of the founders, who were among the founders of the industrial capital of the United States, Detroit.
There is information that the emblem for the Chevrolet brand was chosen by the owner of the corporation, William Derant, copying it from a pattern on the wallpaper in one of the hotels in France.
A little more about American brands
Manufacturers of the Buick car brand have repeatedly changed the style of their logo with intricate shapes. On the modern nameplate, three silver coats of arms are arranged diagonally in a circle. They symbolize the three most successful modifications.
Former military jeep Hummer hasa simple badge, on which the name of the car is embossed in a simple font. The emblem is located on the eight-stripe grille.
GMC has been operating for over 100 years. The brand logo is rather discreet, representing the company's red abbreviation.
The Ford badge shows the familiar ellipse with the name of the founder (Henry Ford) on a blue background in capital letters.
The Mercedes-Benz car brand specializes in the production of passenger cars of various classes, as well as trucks and buses. Three rays in the form of a star placed in a circle are used as a logo. These elements symbolize superiority on land, in water and in the air, as the company also manufactures powertrains for aviation and water transport.
The Bavarian automobile corporation BMW began its activity with the production of products for the flight industry. In this regard, initially there was a propeller on the nameplate of the enterprise. Then a circle appeared with a wide black border. The inner part of the logo is divided into four sectors in a checkerboard pattern (a pair of blue compartments, and the other two parts are of a silver color scheme). In the first case, the colors symbolize the flag of Bavaria, and the silvery shades symbolize steel.
Other car brands from Germany
Because machines made in Germany are a symbol of quality all over the world, attention should be paid to other well-known manufacturers from this country:
- Car brand badgesconcern Audi reflect the merger of four firms. This is expressed through four chrome rings. The second decoding of the symbol is the designation of automobile wheels.
- Designers from Opel settled on a kind of "lightning", indicating the speed and swiftness of the vehicle. The initial versions of the logo also had the word "blitz", which was then removed from the overall concept.
- For Volkswagen, the logo was designed by Xavier Reimspis for a prize of one hundred marks. It represents the original arrangement of the letters W and V.
The famous Rover brand was created in the 19th century. The general configuration of the emblem is made in the style of the Vikings. Various types of weapons appeared on the image. The modern version of the badge features a golden boat with a red sail on a black background.
Rolls-Royce Corporation manufactures premium vehicles. Its badge has two Rs placed one above the other with a slight offset. The founders of the company (Charles Rolls and Frederick Royce) immortalized their names in the logo as early as 1904. Almost 100 years later, BMW bought the attribute for over £40 million.
Aston Martin. The first emblem of this brand was the intertwining letters A and M. Later, wings appeared on the nameplate, identifying speed as a feature of the brand of cars of this manufacturer. One of the variants of the emblem was supplemented with the name of the owner David Brown.
The Renault brand chose a stylized diamond on a yellow background. The author of the emblem has invested prosperity and optimism in the future development.
The logo of the French brand Peugeot depicts a lion in three dimensions, which is a symbol of dynamics. The manufacturer is known in Russia, its products are characterized by a low content of harmful substances in exhaust gases.
The Citroen badge has a heraldic meaning. Its creator began his career as a locomotive repairman. As a result, a pair of military chevrons appeared on the logo, indicating significant experience.
Ferrari Corporation founder Enzo Ferrari has been developing the emblem for a long time. Initially, it had a horse (or rather, a prancing stallion), then the letter designation SF was added. Also present on the logo were yellow colors, in honor of the banner of Milan. On the last version, the colors of the national flag began to be indicated at the top.
The designers of the Turin company Fiat also experimented with their brand badge, making it in a square and round design. As a result, they combined both elements, placing the name of the company in the inner part. The symbolism notifies the pride of the developers of their brainchild, taking into account many years of experience.
Alfa Romeo has a logo that consists of a red cross on a white background and a man-eating snake. The first element is included in the coat of arms of Milan, and the second part is an exact copy of the heraldry of the Visconti dynasty.
Below are the car brands (badges and names) of other popular manufacturers from Europe:
- Bentley. On the nameplate, the main element is the letter B, framed by wings. Thus, manufacturers wanted to indicate the speed, strength and independence of their machines. It is noteworthy that for racing models, a green color frame is provided, a black tint characterizes powerful versions, and more sophisticated modifications are in a green color scheme.
- Dacia. This was the name of the territory of modern Romania. The plant itself is located in the city of Pitesti. The first version of the company logo resembled dragon scales. The modern logo resembles the letter D, and the name is written in full on its straight horizontal line. The silver shade indicates belonging to the Renault enterprise.
- Which car brand is one of the most status in Europe? Many experts believe that this is a Maybach. The brand emblem consists of two letters M of different sizes, which intersect with each other. Decryption - "Maybach-Manufactory".
The icon of the popular Hyundai brand symbolizes the idea of cooperation. The developers position the capital letter H as two partners shaking hands. Company name translation - new time.
In the name of the Kia car brand, like many well-known modern brands, an ellipse with letters is used on the emblem. They are part of a phrase that translates as the entrance to the world of Asia.
SsangYong chose a logo with a stylized display of dragon wings and claws. The translation of the brand name is two dragons.
Below, consider the features of the emblems of Russian companies:
- VAZ. The updated emblem was chosen in 1994. It is a silvery ellipse with a rook in the center. Even later, a blue background appeared on the badge, as well as the letters V and V. The boat symbolizes the peculiarity of the region, because in ancient times, goods and passengers in the region could only be delivered by this transport.
- The study of the features of car brands in Russia will continue with the no less famous GAZ company. The logo of this plant in the original design resembled an analogue of Ford. The modern emblem is a deer on a blue background. The label is used on cars, trucks and other vehicles of this manufacturer.
- UAZ. For this plant, the emblem was developed by engineer A. Rakhmanov. A bird is inscribed in the circle like the letter U. Also, a pentagon later appeared in the logo design. The modern analogue resembles the original version, only green and with the Latin abbreviation of the company at the bottom.
The following is a list of car brands related to supercars:
- The Maserati emblem features Neptune's trident. The firm was founded in Bologna by six brothers. From the coat of arms of the city to the colors of the logo, red and blue colors have passed.
- The initials of the founder of the company Anthony Bruce are visible on the nameplate of the Lotus carColin Chapman on a yellow and green background.
- Lexus' flagship badge is a curved L enclosed in an oval, symbolizing luxury.
- Lamborghini. This brand has an original emblem in black and gold with a bull in the center.
- Lancia. This company's own logo has undergone several transformations in terms of configuration and color design. The filling in the form of a shield, a rudder and a flag on the spear remained constant.