The company, which was named Ford, began its work in 1903. The founder - Henry Ford - during its formation received a large amount of investment from some influential people. The history of Ford, whose models are known all over the world, began with the fact that the company gained popularity thanks to the use of a classic assembly line.
Currently, these cars are widely represented in almost all countries of the world. Thanks to good quality, technical characteristics and assortment, interest in this brand does not decrease.
From 1908-1927, Ford Model was produced - the very first successful model of the company.
In the 1920s, the American leadership concludes an agreement with the USSR, which was associated with the construction of the first automobile plant in Gorky (now Nizhny Novgorod). The first official copies of some Ford cars, designed for the Soviet buyer, began to be produced here.
In the 1930s, the US was somewhat cautious about the company due to the fact that its founder did not even hide his pro-Nazi sympathies. Around the same years, they produce several thousand tracked and wheeled vehicles. But whenWorld War II begins, and America enters it, Ford immediately begins production of army jeeps and trucks for "its" army.
At the beginning of the 21st century, fierce competition appears on the market, because of which the company is exposed to a severe crisis. After a change in Ford's president in 2006, the firm returns to a period of stability and profitability.
Ford models are produced in the following factories: North American, Asian and European. Each of the listed divisions produces its own lineups, dissimilar to each other. However, in 2006, after a change in leadership, a new One Ford strategy was announced. Its essence lies in the fact that from now on cars will be produced that are the same for all markets. This was started by the third generation Ford Focus.
- Ford of Europe. The headquarters of the division is located in Cologne. The company's latest technology and innovation has resulted in a special lighting system that easily recognizes pedestrians, animals and cyclists at night or late at night.
- Ford of Russia. This production began in 1907, at that time the Russian Empire still existed. The revolution of 1917 did not affect the performance of the unit in any way. In 1932, with the assistance of Ford, a car factory was opened in Nizhny Novgorod. In 2007, more than 170,000 cars were sold in Russia, with Ford Focus accounting for the lion's share of sales. American options in Russia have a place to be. Herepresented two SUVs that are almost nothing like the official originals. North American Ford models are not represented in the Federation.
Ford Focus Development
Ford Focus is a division of Ford. Since 1999, more than 500 thousand models have been sold on the territory of the former USSR. In 2010, this brand became the most popular in the Russian Federation.
1. First generation.
The name Ford Focus did not appear immediately, only in 1998. Initially, the code name sounded like CW170. The development of the design and decorative elements of the car was completed in the 1990s. How New Edge evolved could be seen from photographs accidentally found on the Internet in 1995.
2. Second generation.
Manufactured for 6 years: from 2004 to 2011 In 2008, the appearance of the model was greatly changed. Ford Focus works with the Ford C1 platform. The suspension design was borrowed from the first generation, the body shape is similar to previous versions of the car.
3. Third generation.
The first car was released in 2010. The company plans to make the third generation "global". It is calculated that the model will be unique for all markets. The concept of the car is borrowed from Losis Max. The platform used to create the car has been modified and can easily replace three platforms at once, taken as a basis in different areas. American Ford Focus models will not include the hatchback and convertible. Also carried out some manipulations with safety and steeringcontrol. An electric booster will appear, and airbags will come as standard.
Ford Focus North America
Models for North America - a special modification, designed only for a certain circle of customers. Restyling was carried out in 2005 and 2011. After 2011, when the Ford Focus models were changed and the third generation began production, the production of the North American versions ended.
First and second generation Ford Focus
The first generation of the car was produced from 1999 to 2007. It differed from the classic Ford in that the body and bumper were of a different size, the lights had a different design, and the turn signals were located in the grille from the radiator.
Second generation - from 2007 to 2011. If in Europe such a car was already produced on a different platform, then in North America it was a first-generation car with a redesigned exterior. In other countries, support for this Ford model was discontinued in 2004. This is due to the fact that the population of America continued to buy the options provided to them. After restyling, it was decided to stop production. The fact is that the purchase of parts did not pay off, and the company suffered big losses.
"Ford" Pickup: all models and their descriptions
Ford has been one of the best manufacturers of pickup trucks since the end of the 19th century. Specialization is based on two types: heavy andlightweight. Any car enthusiast will be able to say that success in the market with such products is an indicator of real professionalism. From the beginning of the production of pickups to the present day, engine power has increased from 95 to 300 horsepower. Knowing the company's policy, we can say with confidence that this is not the limit.
Most popular Ford pickup models:
- Ford F-150. It is this SUV that has been the best in sales for more than one year. After 2012, a power steering and a system appeared in it, which allows you to somewhat soften and facilitate control. This is what contributes to the best passage of difficult roads and tracks. The exterior has become more aggressive, more serious and purposeful over the years. If initially the car was presented in a compact form, now volume and solidity are its second name.
- Ford F-250 and Ford F-350. The first presentation of cars took place in Geneva (2006). Since then, the appearance and "insides" of cars have not changed significantly. The model is convenient because it is spacious inside: three or four people can easily fit in the back seat. However, this is also a disadvantage. Too much weight makes it difficult for the car to handle tough trails.
- Ford F-550 and Ford-750 pickups. These models are considered the best Ford SUVs. They are, in fact, real trucks. They are purchased as collector and armored vehicles, as well as mobile homes. Has increased cross-country ability.
- Ford Ranger. It is difficult to buy Ford models of this line in the Russian Federation:they are only available on request. Its popularity is gradually growing, so we can hope that the company's management will still open free trade of this model outside the United States. Appearance is very bright and aggressive. The exterior has a "male" type. The salon is also built on rigor and ergonomics. Passenger safety is well thought out. For example, an airbag will not fly out in a collision if no one is sitting on the seat. This does not create unnecessary difficulties for the driver. The trunk is equipped with a step, which will help to put any things in hard-to-reach places.
"Ford", whose old models are still supported and in demand, in 1962 created the first Mustang prototype. He was a roadster that had the characteristic features of sports cars. However, such a solution for the car did not attract attention from potential buyers, so the first release did not give any result, and remained unclaimed. Because of this, the concept of the car changes, and it turns into a five-seater coupe.
Modern name for the model did not appear immediately. Initially, it was developed under the working title Special Falcon, and only a few years later the Ford Mustang variant was assigned.
The car was produced from 2003 to 2006. It was originally a concept car, reminiscent of its predecessors the Mustang and Thunderbird. At one time, this car was often confused with the GT40, because the design of both models is similar. In 2012a limited edition of the car was released.
Under this name Ford Aerostar was released the first minivan of the company. The publication took place in 1986. In the United States of America, this model is one of the most popular. This car was created as a family transport. 7 passengers can easily fit here. Comfort and safety at a high level, which has been repeatedly confirmed by experts. The car was discontinued in 1997.