The first model of the legendary Japanese officially appeared on the domestic market back in 2001. Over time, he had many fans who prefer this car to other brands and models. This confirms that the question of where the Nissan X-Trail is assembled is quite popular.
Where the production is located
In total, there are three plants in the world where the Nissan X-Trail is assembled. It is produced in Sandlerland, UK. However, such specimens very rarely reach the Russian market and mostly "settle" in the countries of the Old World. If a car comes across an English assembly, then this happens very rarely.
The second place is the birthplace of the brand - Japan. Several factories specializing in the production of crossovers are concentrated in the Land of the Rising Sun. The company, located near St. Petersburg, closes the list of Nissan factories, which assemble one of the most popular Russian SUVs.
How to get there
The Nissan Manufacturing Rus plant is located outside the northern capital, near the village of Pargolovo. The official address of the enterprise: St. Petersburg, Komendantsky Prospekt, possession 140.
Geographically, it is located at the intersection of the Ring Road (KAD) and Parachute Street, on the western outskirts of the aforementioned village. By car, there are several ways to get to the production site where the Nissan X-Trail is assembled:
- On the toll Western High Speed Diameter (WHSD). At the intersection with the Ring Road, turn left and move to the exit onto Parachute Street.
- Move along the Ring Road to the intersection with Parachute Street, turn onto it.
- From the Petrogradsky district, the easiest way to get there is along Parachute Street.
- If the starting point of the route is the Kalininsky district, then you need to pave the way along the Vyborg highway to the intersection with Suzdalsky prospect, where you should turn left and move to the T-junction with Parachute street.
Nissan plant in Russia
The beginning of the construction of the Nissan plant in St. Petersburg is usually associated with the date of signing the agreement: June 2006. The parties to the Memorandum of Understanding were the Government of St. Petersburg and the management of Nissan Motor Co. Ltd.
Three years later, in 2009, the grand opening of an enterprise aimed at the production of cars took place. Three years later, the plant is awarded the "Best Enterprise for Product Quality" award among all assembly shops of the Nissan Corporation. A similar victoryfactory and in 2013.
Currently, 3 car models are produced in Russia:
Over the entire period of its activity, the company has produced more than 400,000 vehicles, and the declared production capacity is in the range of 90,000-110,000 vehicles per year.
The history of Nissan's English plant dates back to 1986. The launch was carried out under the auspices of then Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. During the period of its activity, the concern broke all the records of the English automotive industry, having released more than 6.5 million cars from its conveyors.
Currently, in Sunderland, where the "Nissan-X-Trail" is assembled, another 11 models of passenger cars are being produced. Among them are popular in Russia:
How the Nissan X-Trail is made for Russia
A practically automated production has been established at the Nissan plant in St. Petersburg. However, one cannot do without human hands. The assembly process is as follows:
The components of the future Nissan X-Trail are assembled in stock and sent to the assembly shop
- The engine is suspended on a monorail conveyor and completed with some elements.
- At this time, robotic machines prepare body attachments: doors,hood, trunk.
- Welding of floor panels, engine compartment and sidewalls is done by hand.
- In total, about 3,200 welding contacts take place during the body assembly stage. After checking the geometry of the body, it is placed in the paint shop.
- Cataphoretic priming takes place in it at a voltage of 330 V and the drying process at a temperature of +190 °C. In addition, the metal is subjected to another 10 successive preparation procedures.
- The painted body is inspected and sent to the drying oven.
- The next step is polishing and transfer to the assembly shop.
- There, a partially assembled engine and other attachments are waiting for him, which are installed in an empty body by the joint efforts of robots and people.
Review of "Nissan-X-Trail" Russian assembly
The version of the Nissan X-Trail T 32, produced since 2015, like the previous model, is more like a mid-size SUV. This partly explains the love for the car that arose among the Russian consumer, for whom size matters.
No matter how many Nissan factories around the world assemble the X-Trail, each of them uses the following engine models in their products:
- MR20DD is an engine that differs from its predecessors by the presence of direct injection and modified valve timing on each shaft. Volume 2.0 l, power 144 horsepower at 200 Nm.
- QR25DE is an engine that first appeared on the Nissan X-Trail in 2003. Its volume is 2.5 liters, andpower - 171 horsepower at 133Nm.
The only difference between the modifications of the car is the use of different diesel engines. In Russia, a 1.6-liter YD22 with a capacity of 130 “horses” is being installed.
Suspension, as in previous modifications: front - MacPherson strut, rear - "multi-link". However, the suspension of the 3rd generation cars has become noticeably stiffer on the road, which affected handling and reduced roll during high-speed cornering.
Dimensions of the Nissan X-Trail III version 32 have changed slightly:
- The length of 4640 mm remains the same.
- Width - 1,820 mm (increased by 30 mm).
- Height - 1,715 mm (increased by 10 mm).
- Wheelbase - 2705 mm (increased by 75 mm).
Thus, in all respects, except for the length, it has become a little more. As for the luggage compartment, the situation is the opposite. He got a lot smaller. If on early models its volume reached 603 liters, in the latest modification - only 497.
The appearance of the updated car came as a surprise to many. If the previous version had a brutal look and was more associated with an SUV, then the third generation “descended” to the crossover as much as possible and partially resembles the Qashqai.
- LED optics.
- Ribbed bonnet.
- Bumper made with multiple levels.
- V-shaped grille with chrome inserts.
The rear of the car differs from the previous generation with original optics, partially extending onto the wings and the 5th door. The spoiler and rounded lines of the body are reminiscent of a sporty style. While the car doesn't stand out as much from the side as it does from the back and front, the original alloy wheels and wheel arches make the X-Trail stand out in city traffic.
Multi steering wheel, chrome inserts and leather elements - all this reminds the owner that the designers who worked on the model took into account modern trends. The main advantage of the new Rhea is the perfectly adjusted ergonomics of the cabin. If in the old versions there was enough space at the top in abundance, but this could not be said about the legs, now the situation has changed dramatically. Space in front of the knees has become plentiful thanks to the increase in the base and the use of seats of a different type, which are characterized by a smaller backrest.
The difference between "Nissan-X-Trail" Russian and Japanese assembly
In terms of quality characteristics, the Russian-assembled Nissan-X-Trail is in no way inferior to its Japanese counterpart. In some ways, he looks even better than him. This applies to the basic configuration, which is supplemented by several options that are missing from the "Asian". Firstly, this is the presence of a heated windshield, which is so necessary for operation in the conditions of central and northern Russia. Secondly, the Russian model is equipped with front parking sensors, which are absent on the Japanese version.
This is the advantage of the model assembled at the Nissan plant in St.Petersburg, end. If we talk about its shortcomings, it should be noted the worst level of sound insulation of the cabin. In the Japanese modification, the noise of the engine and the road is almost inaudible. The Asian's last advantage is negligible. It concerns the location of the climate control buttons. Here they seem more comfortable to use while driving.
As numerous owners of cars respond, the chassis on the Nissan X-Trail of the Japanese assembly is much weaker than the Russian one, that is, it lasts longer. Thus, the designers prepared the car for operation on Russian roads in a peculiar way.
Regardless of where the Nissan X-Trail is assembled, each car corresponds to its class in all respects, from quality to performance.