"Daihatsu Charade" (Daihatsu Charade) - hatchback, which was created by the Japanese company Daihatsu as a replacement for the Consorte model. The car has high technical characteristics and excellent Japanese quality. The vehicle has a significant number of positive qualities.
History of the development of the model
Daihatsu Charade was introduced to the market in 1977. Thanks to rave reviews from owners and auto critics in 1979, the model received the title of car of the year. The first redesign took place in 1982 - the car got square headlights. In 1983, the second generation began to roll off the assembly line, and in 1987, the third. In 1994, a sedan version was presented for inspection, the features of which were a 1.5-liter engine and an all-wheel drive system. In the late 1990s, production was stopped. In 2003, the release was resumed, but the model changed its name and became known as Mira.
Between 2007 and 2011 the Mira was sold for South Africa, but as a standard Daihatsu Charade. Since 2011Until 2013, Daihatsu's European subsidiary sold the Thai-made ToyotaYaris. It was the last "Daihatsu Charade" in Europe to have this name on the plate.
The engine installed on the Daihatsu-Sharada was not very powerful, but it was quite enough for driving around the city. The first versions developed a power of 52 liters. with., having 72 Nm of torque. The second generation was supplied with a four-speed automatic transmission and already had 55 hp under the hood. With. An addition for models of higher configuration was the equipment with a turbocharger. The third generation received a 1.3-liter engine “as a gift” from the factory, and a five-speed manual transmission or a four-speed automatic transmission was a pair for it.
Did they install a diesel engine on the Daihatsu-Sharada? Of course, yes. Only 3 models produced in 1992 were subjected to this phenomenon, namely Daihatsu Charade Kissa Diesel Turbo 1.0 5Door, Daihatsu Charade Will Diesel Turbo 1.0 5Door and Daihatsu Charade CD 1.0 5Door.
Advantages and disadvantages of the model
Let's consider the pros and cons of models that were produced before 2000.
- Economy. Fuel consumption in the urban cycle is up to 5 liters, outside the city this figure drops to 3-4 liters.
- Repairability. Absolutely any driver can replace parts.
- Maneuverability. Initially, the car was created for Japanese living conditions, which is characterized by economy andclever use of space, so it fits perfectly on all roads.
- Permeability. When leaving the asph alt, you can get into trouble - get stuck in a puddle, on bumps, etc. This car can be pushed out alone without any problems.
- Inaccessible parts. Unless you live in the East, original parts will be hard to come by. The panacea in this case is the installation of similar parts from Toyota.
- Noise isolation. According to numerous reviews - it simply does not exist.
- Very noisy diesel engine.
- Low driver comfort. No sun visors, few glove compartments.
- Easily broken original key. The disadvantage can be eliminated by simply making a similar key from solid steel.
- Obsolete car.
The "Daihatsu-Sharada" vehicle is a confirmation of the Japanese quality of the automotive industry. The car received high technical characteristics. But, with all the positives presented, enough cons were found.