Everyone knows that various types of tinting improve the appearance of any car and make it more modern and stylish. In particular, dimming the windows in a car is the most popular and popular way of external tuning. The whole advantage of such modernization lies in its simplicity and relatively low cost of the procedure. In addition to everything, all kinds of tinting can now be done not only at expensive technical service stations, but also from private traders involved in tuning work in their garage. With the growth and development of various innovations in the automotive industry, the range of films offered also has a wide selection. Therefore, it will be quite difficult for a person who has not previously encountered this type of modernization to decide what types of it exist.
Tinted car windows can be done in several ways, using different technologies. In this article, we will look at this topic in more detail. We will tell you why drivers tint their cars at all. What are the pros and cons of suchtuning type. We will help you understand the question of what types of tinting exist.
Glass tinting: advantages and disadvantages
Considering several types of toning, you can individually focus on their positive or negative qualities for each. In this case, let's summarize a little and consider the main characteristics and types of tinting.
The good side of toning
- Comfort. Dimming car windows is conducive to a comfortable stay of the driver or passenger inside the car. Due to the peculiarity of tinting, the direct influence of sunlight and ultraviolet radiation is excluded. Accordingly, in hot weather, the air temperature in the cabin is much lower than in the cabin of a non-tinted car.
- Practical properties. Various types of tinting are an excellent protection for interior upholstery materials, as they are not exposed to sunlight. The material does not dry out, the formation of cracks is reduced (it touches the skin), does not fade, does not lose color. This reduces the likelihood of frequent replacement of car covers, and, accordingly, vehicle owners save significantly.
- Passive safety. Many drivers are unaware that the safety of things in the cabin often depends on the glass tinting and what types of it are used. Tinted car windows do not allow you to see what is inside the cabin, and accordingly, potential thieves are not tempted to enter the car. Often the attention of the robbers falls on the carelessly left purse on the seat, and most oftenthe object of theft is a car radio. Also, during an emergency, tinted glass does not shatter into small fragments and does not injure people sitting in the car.
- Exterior of the car. Most of the owners of their steel horses install various types of car tinting just to make it more spectacular. Indeed, after installing the tinting material on the glass, the car seems to be reborn, and especially if its color has a bright shade.
- Visibility. With very tinted windows, visibility deteriorates and the driver cannot fully assess the situation on the road. This is especially felt at night, in thick fog, in cloudy and rainy weather. However, this shortcoming is not of a serious nature if the driver moves on public roads with extra care.
- Legislative framework. This factor is the claims of law enforcement officers. Requiring permission for certain types of tinting, checking the permissible percentage of light transmission - this is a list of questions that you may encounter when communicating with the traffic police.
Types of toning
- Spray type. This method of dimming glasses is based on a rather complicated technological operation, which is called magnetron or plasma. Such spraying is used in mass production mainly on imported cars, as well as at home, but the quality of home tinting leaves much to be desired.the best. The advantages of this method are high efficiency, resistance to various mechanical damage. The downside is the high cost, tinting can only be applied at the factory, it cannot be removed from the glass.
- Film tinting. Types of films have a huge range both in terms of color and darkness, and in terms of manufacturers. Therefore, this method of tinting is most common among motorists. The process of mounting the film on the glass is not particularly complicated, and it can be done independently with a certain skill. However, even at a service station from a car owner who wants to tint a car, employees will not take a lot of money and will do their job efficiently and on time. In car dealerships and markets, almost any color of tinting is presented. The types of films also differ in the density of the material and the overall size of the web. Pros - easy to glue, quite commercially available, can be removed if needed. Cons - easily damaged and scratched, can distort the real picture and become cloudy.
Types of removable tinting
This type of car glass tinting has recently become very popular. This is due to the fact that traffic police officers often have complaints against drivers for very dark windows, and often this ends with a fine. As for removable tinting, the situation is different here: if necessary, it can be removed very easily and quickly. This type of modernization is a plastic panel with a certain tone, which is attached to the glass.
Viewsremovable tinting can be not only on a plastic panel, but also on the basis of a silicone film. This view is a thin silicone sheet with a blackout, cut exactly for a specific glass. The canvas is glued to the window due to the properties of silicone and holds quite firmly. In case of need for dismantling, it can be easily and quickly removed. The disadvantages of silicone tinting include a not very long service life, because it is deformed. Advantages - low cost, quickly installed and removed. Disadvantages - takes up useful space in the trunk.
This type of glass tinting has recently appeared on the market. Due to its high cost and complexity, it is rarely used. Installing such a mechanism on cars of the budget and middle classes is impractical. What is this type of toning? Electronic type of dimming - a device consisting of several elements, the main of which is a special glass that is installed instead of a standard window. Such glass is two-layered, and a light-filtering element is placed between the glasses. As a rule, imported luxury cars are equipped with such light protection devices, while the light filter can be installed not only on the rear and side windows, but also on the windshield. The advantages of this method are that the light transmission is adjusted automatically, the ability to set a certain tone, high reliability, and is allowed for free use. Cons - veryhigh price, system complexity.
What electronic tints are
There are currently two methods. Toning in an electrochromic way and directly electronic. The last method of exposure is based on the process of photochemical exposure, in which the influence of electric currents on the liquid crystal structure of the light element occurs. In the process, the throughput of the device changes. At the moment when currents are not applied to the film, the liquid crystalline layer acquires hardness, and as a result, its transmission characteristics decrease. When the supply of currents is resumed, the crystals heat up, let in a stream of light and the glass becomes transparent.
Electrochromic exposure method
It has the same principle of operation as electronic tinting, but with a different light filter. This filter element is made from certain polymeric materials. The impact of electric currents, temperature indicators of the environment and the brightness of light affect the change in the optical and physical properties of polymers. This film is a component of double glass or is glued to a standard window. Considering the "smart" types of tinting, the photos clearly show how the tonality of the glasses changes, which is very impressive. At the same time, such a system significantly reduces the likelihood of getting a fine for the illegal use of this method of protection from light exposure.
Which is better?
Based on the review, it followsIt should be noted that various types and types of car tinting have the right to exist and will find their admirer. If we talk about a certain type of tinting and preferences, then most drivers tend to the most common and practical way to darken windows - this is sticking a regular tinting film. The main thing in this matter is to comply with legal requirements in order to avoid problems with traffic inspectors in the future.
So, we found out what types of tinting exist for a car, and considered their main pros and cons. By purchasing it, you should not save, as a cheap product will quickly be damaged and cause a lot of unnecessary trouble. At best, this option will peel off the glass and will constantly scratch it on the seal until it completely disappears.