The car "Lada-Vesta" is significantly different from the previously produced models of "AvtoVAZ". A more elegant appearance, improved sound insulation put the car on a par with similar foreign cars. However, operating conditions lead to the appearance of noise in the cabin, the level of which cannot be called comfortable. The soundproofing of the Lada Vesta will help to eliminate this drawback.
Comparison of the noise level of the Lada Vesta with similar models
According to subjective sensations, the noise level in the cabin while driving has decreased compared to the Lada Granta, which is a budget version of a Russian car. However, these are models of different classes and different price categories, so it is not entirely correct to compare them.
Recently, the noise level of the Lada Vesta was compared with another model produced on the Togliatti conveyor, but under the Japanese brand Nissan Almera
The measurement took place on the ring road of St. Petersburg. itThe site was chosen for two reasons. Firstly, here you can accelerate to a decent speed, and secondly, heavy traffic on this track creates additional noise.
Measurement took place at speeds of 60 and 100 km/h. The result showed the best sound insulation for the Lada Vesta.
68, 6 dB
78, 8 dB
66, 7 dB
68, 7 dB
Based on the test, it is clear that the company's engineers have done work that improves the ergonomics of the car. Especially considering that these cars are in the same price range.
What materials are used to reduce noise
For soundproofing, materials with different properties are used, depending on the place of their application. Some of them are combined. Conditionally they can be divided into categories:
- Soundproofing. Materials of this type are designed to reduce noise levels. They glue the metal elements of the body: doors, roof, rear fenders.
- Vibration isolation. It is used to dampen vibration coming from the bottom, engine compartment and wheel arches. The basis is rubber or bituminous mastic.
- Heat insulation and sound absorption. These materials are used to isolate engine compartments. Their main property is not only to prevent the passage of acoustic waves, but also toshielding of thermal energy. In winter, it is very important to minimize the engine cooling time. Each start in frost leads to increased wear of the cylinder-piston group, as well as other elements. These materials look like plastic foam based on foil.
- Antiskrip. These materials look like adhesive-backed canvas tapes. They glue plastic parts such as shelves, door trim, instrument panels.
- Liquid soundproofing. Its application has two goals: the elimination of noise and corrosion protection. It is used to protect the bottom and arches of the car from the outside. After application, it partially or completely hardens.
- Noise-absorbing mats. By themselves, they are not able to increase the sound comfort, but in combination with other measures, they will give the result.
How to plan work
It will take several working days to complete the work on soundproofing the Lada Vesta. The volume is large: you need to disassemble the interior, remove the seats, remove the factory carpet. In addition, the door and ceiling skins are removed. If you completely glue the motor shield, then you need to dismantle the instrument panel and console.
In the engine compartment, the hood protection is removed, and in the luggage compartment, the inner linings must be removed.
For convenience, the work can be divided into four stages. On the first day, carry out all disassembly work. In the second, glue the bottom, arches, trunk floor. In the third - doors, roof, hood. The fourth day to spend on assembling the machine.
Dismantling the cabin
In order to make the soundproofing of the Lada Vesta your ownhands, first disassemble the interior:
- The first thing to do is to remove the plastic lining of the windshield pillars. To do this, the door seal is removed, then the lining must be pulled with a little effort until the three latches snap off.
- The next step is to remove the plastic thresholds. If this is not done, then it will be impossible to remove the carpet covering the bottom, as well as remove the plastic lining of the door pillars. First, door seals are removed at all openings. Then screws are unscrewed from the plastic thresholds around the perimeter. Along the way, the plastic lining of the rear wheel arch is removed.
- Then come the plastic door pillar trims. This is necessary for the subsequent dismantling of the ceiling sheathing. First, the seat belt is removed. To do this, two bolts are unscrewed: one that holds the belt carriage from below, the second, which fixes the belt eyelet from above. After that, the top trim of the door pillar is dismantled.
- Removing the headlining. It is attached with six clips, sun visors, three passenger handles, and a ceiling light. It is removed as follows. First, six bolts securing the handles are unscrewed. Then eight self-tapping screws for fastening the visors are turned away. After that, using a special spatula, the clips are removed: three in the center of the ceiling and three near the rear window. The trim is then removed through the front passenger door.
- Removing the front seats. They are attached with four bolts. First you need to move the seats as far back as possible. Then unscrew the front bolts fasteningskids to the floor. After that, move the seats forward, and unscrew the rear ones. After that, they can be removed from the salon.
- Dismantling the rear sofa. The lower seat is attached with two hinges. You just need to lift the sofa by the bottom so that the hinges come out of the latch. The backrest is fixed at the bottom with four bolts, and at the top with latches on the sides.
Dismantling the console
In the cabin there is only carpet and insulation under it. They are held only by the center console, which consists of several parts. To remove the plastic and the closing handbrake, you need to unscrew the two bolts at the edges, remove the plastic plug near the handbrake lever. The back of the console will be released and can be removed.
The front is more difficult. In front, along the edges of the tunnel, there are two plastic plugs in the area of \u200b\u200bthe legs of the driver and passenger. Under these plugs, the fasteners of the tunnel linings are hidden, therefore, the plugs are first removed, then the self-tapping screws that fix the lining are turned off. In addition to these fasteners, there are a few more screws in the area of \u200b\u200bthe gear lever, but to get to them, you need to remove the plastic lining of the console near the lever and disconnect the electrical wiring connectors along the way. The last two screws hold the console near the motor shield, unscrew them and remove the console completely.
The multi-part carpet can now be removed.
How to remove the door trim of the Lada Vesta
The work takes place in several stages:
- Remove the plastictriangle covering the side mirror mounts. To do this, pry it off with a plastic spatula.
- Disconnect the electrical mirror control connector.
- Remove the lighting cover at the bottom of the casing.
- Unscrew the three screws at the bottom. Asterisk T is used 20.
- At the end of the skin there is a plug, under which the screw is hidden. Need to unscrew it.
- Remove the screw inside the handle next to the power window control unit.
- Remove the power window control unit, disconnect the electrical connector.
- There is another screw under the control box. You need to unscrew it.
- Snap off the fastening clips along the perimeter of the skin with a plastic spatula.
Glue the arches
Noise isolation of the Lada Vesta arches is the main component of the fight against the source of noise. When driving on asph alt at high speed, the tire tread emits a rumble that enters the passenger compartment through the arches. Both the road surface and the tread pattern play a big role.
To reduce the noise coming from the arches, STP Noise Liquidator is applied to them. It is a two-component mastic in jars. Apply with a brush to a clean, grease-free surface. One can per arch.
STP Silver insulation is glued onto the plastic fender liner. This material belongs to the category of vibroplasts, it well dampens vibration from the impact of small stones on the fender liner.
Insulation of doors “Lada Vesta”performed comprehensively. To facilitate the application of the vibroplast to the inner surface, the speakers and power windows are additionally removed. Soundproofing sheets must be pre-marked and cut to fit. After gluing, they need to be rolled with a roller or pressed hard against the surface of the door.
The outer frame is also pasted over, but a noise absorber is used here. For example, NoiseBlock or "Biplast". The material is taken from a thickness of 0.8 cm - it can be glued not on the door frame, but on the plastic door trim from the inside.
Particular attention in the work on soundproofing the car interior should be given to the roof. It is a large sheet of metal that creates good acoustics. Vibrations that occur in the roof area are damped only with the help of amplifiers. But it happens that the amplifiers peel off from the metal sheet, and it begins to vibrate in time with the engine.
Light materials are used for gluing the roof so as not to create an additional load. Sheets of vibroplast with a thickness of no more than 2-3 mm are taken. If the roof has factory sound insulation made of felt, it must be removed. Rigidity should not be glued. If they are closed with noise insulation, then condensation will accumulate inside, which will lead to corrosion.
You need to glue a layer of sound absorber on top, “Accent 8” with a self-adhesive foil base is suitable, which is lightweight - you can not be afraid that it will “pull” the roof down.
Sound insulation of the bottom and trunk
Soundproofing the trunk of the Lada Vesta and the bottom can be done in several ways. The first is when an anti-gravel coating is applied on the outside of the bottom in several layers, which performs the function of noise insulation and anti-corrosion protection - these are polymeric substances that are applied with a spray gun. After curing, they form a thick porous film and add weight to the machine, increasing its stability.
The second option is to apply a thick layer of bituminous mastic from the inside of the body. Bitumen perfectly dampens sound vibrations, increasing the sound insulation of the Lada Vesta. In addition, you can use a vibroplast of great thickness - from 5 mm and above.
When pasting the floor, you need to take into account its shape, especially places where water can accumulate, so the vibroplast must be pressed very carefully, without leaving gaps.
You can use bitumen-based building roofing materials. When heated with a building dryer, they perfectly take the shape of the bottom, leaving no gaps.
Modern man spends a lot of time behind the wheel. Constant exposure to noise is a source of stress. The solution to this problem falls entirely on the shoulders of the car owner, and only he can choose how comfortable the time spent in the car will be.