Many owners of the VAZ-2105 faced the problem of replacing the bumper with their own hands. The procedure itself is quite simple and does not require special skills or abilities. All you need is a set of tools and 10-15 minutes of free time for each buffer.
Reasons for bumper replacement
The bumper of a car is a protective element that is designed to absorb the kinetic energy of an impact, and also serves as a decorative composite body.
Many motorists are faced with the fact that it is required to dismantle the element. There may be several reasons to remove the VAZ-2105 bumper. Consider the main ones.
- Damage due to traffic accident.
- Wear in the form of corrosion of metal products or deformation of the plastic component.
- Loss of presentation of the decorative element.
Front bumper: do-it-yourself replacement
Replacing the front bumper of the VAZ-2105 is quite simple with your own hands. This will require a minimum set of tools (several keys) and preferably access to the lower part of the transportfunds. You should also stock up on Phillips and flathead screwdrivers. When all the tools are assembled, you can go directly to the procedure. We change the front bumper of the VAZ-2105 with our own hands:
- Unscrew the retaining bolts in the side parts of the buffer.
- Turn the steering wheel to the side where the dismantling will be carried out.
- Unscrew the bolts of the front brackets.
- We take the keys for 20 and unscrew the brackets for attaching the buffer to the body.
- We carry out a similar procedure on the other side.
- Pull the buffer with the brackets towards us and take it out of the seat.
- Assembly in reverse order.
If the vehicle is equipped with engine protection or wheel arch liners, they must first be dismantled, since it will be impossible to crawl to the attachment point.
Replacement rear bumper
The technology for replacing the rear bumper is almost identical to the manipulations with the front one, everything differs only in the location of the fasteners. The toolkit will need the same as that used when dismantling the front bumper.
Change the rear bumper of the VAZ-2105 with our own hands:
- Open the trunk to get access to the luggage compartment. Remove or unscrew the rear panel upholstery.
- On the bottom of the trunk there are mounting brackets that are screwed to the side members.
- Unscrew the fixing nuts in the side parts of the buffer and remove the bolts from the buffer.
- Unscrew the fixing bolt of the tubularbracket.
- Swinging the rear bumper of the VAZ-2105, pull it out of the seat.
- Assembly in reverse order.
To dismantle the rear buffer, it is not necessary to unscrew the mounting brackets to the body. But if the retaining tube is deformed or severely corroded, these elements will also need to be removed.
The front and rear bumpers of the VAZ-2105 consist of three elements - a metal base, plastic side plates and a rubber molding located transversely in the middle of the metal part.
To find a bumper in a car shop, you need to know the part number of the product. 2105-2803010 - article of the front and rear buffer VAZ-2105. The cost of this element is low, which makes it possible for any vehicle owner to purchase and replace it.
Analogues of the original bumper are not produced, but many motorists change the standard buffers for tuning versions to improve aerodynamic performance. Ready-made tuning buffers can be purchased at the appropriate studio or shops. Many car enthusiasts make their tuning versions based on the old bumper from polyurethane foam, polystyrene foam or other suitable elements.