The Skoda Rapid station wagon is a subcompact passenger car with high-quality technical parameters, good equipment, affordable price and a spacious interior, designed primarily for urban use.
Creating a model
The first passenger car under the designation "Rapid" was produced by the Skoda company, which is currently part of the Volkswagen concern, in 1935. The small car was produced until 1947 and had several versions: sedan, convertible, coupe. The return of the Rapid brand took place in 1984. This name was given to a two-door car in the performance of a coupe. Škoda began production of the existing third generation in 2012. The subcompact subcompact took a place in the company's lineup between the Fabia and Octavia.
The car is made on the Volkswagen A05+ platform in a liftback body. In 2013, the company released a version of the Skoda Rapid Universal (factory designation Skoda Rapid Spaceback). Rapid cars immediately gained high popularity due to the following advantages:
- custom design;
- affordable cost;
- comfortable cabin;
- high security;
- powerful power units;
The popularity of the model is confirmed by the fact that the subcompact runabout is assembled at four production sites of the company in different countries at once.
The company's designers managed to create the individual appearance of the Skoda Rapid station wagon using the following solutions:
- stepped lower bumper;
- long lower air intake with integrated fog lights;
- rectangular head optics;
- protruding wheel arches;
- frontal lower stamping;
- wide rear combination lamps;
- top extended spoiler with brake light;
- rear glass with a large slope;
- original disc pattern.
It also looks interesting version of the car in a two-tone body color. In general, the design of the Skoda Rapid station wagon (photo below) corresponds to its status as a dynamic and confident car.
The design of the all-wheel drive version under the Scout designation differs from the base model, first of all, by a stylish lower body kit. The company did not provide official information about the possibility of releasing the Skoda Rapid 4x4 station wagon with all-wheel drive.
Salon, despite the subcompact class, has the maina feature of the station wagon is the availability of space for passengers and luggage. In addition, the interior of the new Skoda Rapid station wagon has high ergonomics and comfort achieved with:
- special design of all seats;
- multifunction steering wheel;
- informative dashboard;
- stacked center console with glovebox, infotainment monitor and vehicle controls;
- wide armrest with luggage space between front passenger and driver;
- large number of niches, shelves and compartments to accommodate things during the trip;
- various rear seat folding options.
Interior decoration used plastic, high-quality fabric materials, soft flooring.
In addition to the successful design, the popularity of the Skoda Rapid station wagon is provided by the following technical characteristics (diesel version):
- body - five-door station wagon;
- wheelbase - 2.60 m;
- length - 4, 30 m;
- width – 1.71 m;
- height - 1.46 m;
- clearance - 14.3 m;
- engine type - direct injection turbodiesel;
- power - 90.0 hp;
- volume – 1.4 l;
- compression value - 16, 2;
- number (arrangement) of cylinders - 4 (in-line);
- number of valves - 16;
- max speed is 183.0 km/h;
- acceleration to 100 km/h - 11.6 sec.;
- fuel consumption (combinedcycle) - 3.9 l;
- wheel drive - front;
- Gearbox options - 5-speed manual (7-automatic transmission DSG);
- luggage compartment size - 415 (1380) l;
- wheel size - 175/70R14;
- fuel tank capacity - 55 l.
Equipment and equipment of the car
The subcompact subcompact is well-equipped for its class. Depending on the configuration for the Skoda Rapid station wagon, the following equipment and systems can be distinguished:
- six airbags;
- cruise control;
- heat-insulating glazing;
- electric heated seats;
- temperature sensor;
- cornering light function;
- LED combination rear lights;
- adjustable steering column;
- power windows;
- adjustable seats;
- climate control;
- infotainment complex;
- glove box with cooling and lighting;
- LED interior lighting;
- rain and parking sensors;
- rear view camera.
"Rapid" in the body of a liftback station wagon has four configuration options.
Despite the fact that the Skoda Rapid station wagon has a successful design, high-quality technical characteristics, good equipment and is in stable demand, primarily in European countries, car sales in our country were stopped. Škoda attributes this to lowdemand due to the fact that domestic buyers prefer larger passenger cars in station wagons.