It's no secret that Niva has practically no sound insulation. At the same time, the car engine "rattles" decently. The bonnet resonates with it and vibrates. Plus, the body and associated parts rumble. The existing “shumka” slightly softens all these “charms”, however, it is very far from maximum comfort.
Uniform sounds surround us everywhere, often they are invisible. However, excessive noise levels cause a lot of trouble. Additional sound insulation of the Niva is needed in order to avoid such consequences:
- annoyance, distraction and driver fatigue;
- emergency situations for the above reasons;
- reduce driver reaction;
- constriction of blood vessels;
- increased load on the heart;
- raise your voice when talking to passengers.
As you can see, noise is not just an annoying hindrance, but rather a serious burden on the body.
Niva soundproofing with your own hands
First, you needprepare suitable material. Do not chase the cheapness of batting or linoleum. Their quality characteristics are low, and toxicity is off scale.
It is better to pay attention to the following components:
- A special vibration absorber with a plastic structure that transforms vibrational energy into heat. Similar materials are made on the basis of bitumen (not to be confused with the construction counterpart).
- Vibration reflector - "reflects" all noise in the opposite direction. If you do not plan to install high-quality acoustics, this component is optimal.
- Noise absorber - an analogue of a reflector, installed instead of it, if good acoustics are provided in the cabin. Felt is used as this material.
- Decolin, Viek, Madeleine - components responsible for door trim, decoration, absorption of squeaks from friction.
For work on soundproofing "Niva 21214" and other models, you will need to stock up on the following tool:
- with a set of keys and screwdrivers - dismantling the casing;
- with an industrial hair dryer - heating the vibration-damping material;
- hard roller - rolling components;
- clean rags - cleaning surfaces;
- white spirit or other solvent for degreasing;
- water container;
- with a shoe knife or sharp scissors.
Niva soundproofing starts withhood trim, since this is the simplest design. The stages of work are given below:
- open the hood, remove standard insulation;
- carefully wash the surface;
- the dry cover is degreased, places with corrosion are cleaned, primed, painted;
- vibromatter is initially placed (a piece is cut to size, the film is removed, the material is heated, applied in place and rolled with a roller);
- re-degrease the surface, stick the noise reflector in such a way that a single piece covers the entire part of the hood, including the stiffeners;
- many people recommend using special foil because it is more resistant to temperature effects;
- similarly process the motor partition (shield between the engine and the passenger compartment).
Niva door soundproofing
At this stage of work, a certain sequence is also followed:
- Remove all handles, panels and trim.
- The surface is degreased through technological sockets. Gloves should be worn for safety.
- The anti-vibration material is inserted through the same holes, rolled with a roller or a screwdriver handle (in hard-to-reach places).
- After gluing, a control check of the functioning of the cables of the power windows and the pull rods of the handles is carried out.
- Close up technological holes (Viek foil material is good).
- A noise absorber is glued on topa solid piece, it is desirable to process the skin from the inside in the same way.
- The edges of the doors at the point of contact with the skin are glued with Madeleine, which will eliminate most of the squeaks.
- At the last stage, the casing is screwed on and the handles are placed.
After dismantling the ceiling sheathing, the sound insulation of Niva 21213 and analogues in the roof part is carried out as follows:
- the treated surface is cleaned and washed;
- perform degreasing;
- pasted vibration absorber, followed by rolling;
- when finishing the roof, it is recommended to take thinner material (2-5 mm) so as not to weigh down the ceiling;
- if you overdo it, the roof of the car can bend into the cabin;
- gluing sequence is identical to bonnet processing.
Work in the salon
Noise isolation "Niva" in this part - one of the most difficult and crucial moments. Work is best done with an assistant. First, unscrew and remove the seats, rugs and floor covering. Recommendation - it is advisable to collect the fasteners in one container so as not to lose it, and plug the technological holes to prevent glue from getting into them. Places with a manifestation of rust are treated accordingly, the bottom and other areas are thoroughly washed.
Perform degreasing of the surface after it dries. The thickness of the stacked vibration absorber is 5-6 millimeters, noisematerial - up to 10 mm. The vibration absorber is placed on the wheel arches in a double layer. Perform interior assembly.
What to do outside?
Noise isolation "Chevy-Niva" or other modifications will be incomplete if you ignore the processing of the outer part of the bottom. This is due to the fact that a variety of sounds and noises pass through this element, including the vibration of the transmission unit, the operation of the muffler, the ingress of road stones.
The specified part of the machine is processed by standard overlaying layers of material or applying liquid noise insulation. In any case, you will need a flyover or a garage pit.
Stages of work:
- The surface of the bottom of the car is washed with a directed jet of water under pressure.
- After drying, carry out degreasing.
- Next, prepared pieces of materials are glued according to the instructions, or liquid "Shumka" is sprayed.
- The second option is preferable for the reason that it is easier to apply in hard-to-reach places, and the service life is longer.
- In addition, the liquid composition is significantly lighter than sheet components, although more expensive. At the same time, the price will definitely pay off with the final quality.
After proper processing of all parts of the car, the audibility of the rustle of tires, the sound of stones, the operation of the transmission and engine will disappear. Plastic fenders, if any, are glued along the inner contour with a Splen type noise reflector.
Assembly of domestic budget cars, including the Niva, in terms of sound insulationleaves much to be desired. This problem can be solved by yourself. At the same time, the work is carried out partially (in order to save money) or completely (in order to obtain the maximum effect). To speed up the process and the quality of work, it is advisable to carry out all manipulations together.