Opel Astra is a small passenger car manufactured by Opel from 1991 to the present. The Astra model is a continuation of the Cadet line, the production of which was launched back in 1962. The dimensions of the Opel Astra leave much to be desired, so the car is also available in a station wagon. Analogues of this model are Volkswagen Golf, Toyota Corolla, Mitsubishi Lancer and many other compact cars.
The latest generation has three modifications:
- 1.6-liter engine with 115 horsepower, front-wheel drive, five-speed manual and six-speed automatic transmission, top speed of 188 km/h, acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h in 8.3 seconds;
- 1.4 liter turbo engine with 140 horsepower, front-wheel drive, six-speed automatic transmission, top speed of 202 km/h, acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h in 9.9seconds;
- 1.6-liter turbo engine with 180 horsepower, front-wheel drive, six-speed automatic transmission, top speed of 211 km/h, acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h in 9 seconds.
The dimensions of the Opel Astra do not depend on the configuration and are always 441x181x141 centimeters. Also an important plus for Russian roads is the car's ground clearance, equal to 16 centimeters.
Opel-Astra car overview, dimensions, exterior and interior
The Opel company has been adhering to the concept of updating the model every 5 years for the past twenty years, which happened with the latest generation of the Opel Astra. In 2015, the latest generation was introduced. Many variations of the car were released, differing both in external elements and interior trim materials. The main new element is the large touchscreen monitor, which has received many of the features found in the center console instruments.
The most popular body style is the hatchback and the most popular color is red. The latest generation car received a more dynamic and aggressive design, which is confirmed by embossed lines, optics, new wheel design and many other elements. The rear dimensions of the Opel Astra were also subject to change, they were replaced with LED ones.
The interior of the car has become more modern due to the large touch screen. It is located between two deflectors of climate control or air conditioning, depending on the configuration. On the center console remained onlybuttons and controls for climate control, as well as a compartment for small things. Depending on the equipment, the car has an automatic or manual transmission.
The dashboard consists of a speedometer, tachometer and a large display that occupies half of the panel. It displays speedometer readings, gear stage, system errors and more.
The advantages and disadvantages listed below are based on feedback from real owners of the latest generation Opel Astra. Even if you consider that two different people will buy the same car, reviews about the car may be different. Therefore, it is worth talking about the objective advantages and disadvantages of the Opel Astra. Benefits include:
- new LED optics, consisting of 16 LEDs;
- comfortable front seats;
- the A-pillar became smaller, which improved visibility for the driver;
- thanks to the addition of a large touchscreen display in the center console, some buttons have been removed and their functions have been transferred to the on-board computer;
- the appearance of the car has become much more attractive than the design of previous generations of Opel Astra N.
No shortcomings found at the moment, as the car has recently gone on sale. It is worth saying that with the advent of the latest generation, the car can easily compete with cars of the Golf line. The Opel Astra N cannot boast of dimensions, but this vehicle is not bought for the dimensionsremedy.
Today, many cars can envy both the appearance and functionality of the latest Opel models. The dimensions of the Opel Astra do not allow carrying tall passengers, as they will be quite crowded in the cabin. For the duration of the operation of the machine, you can forget about any serious problems up to 200 thousand kilometers, as now the company guarantees the safety and reliability of the assembly of each of its models.