Honda's NTV 650 two-wheel speed unit is a unique combination of touring enduro, off-road and motocross bike. Simply put, this unit combines all the best qualities of two-wheeled vehicles.
A motorcycle like the Honda NTV 650 has an excellent powertrain, good handling, dynamic movement, ergonomics in the exterior. As a rule, high-quality "iron horses" are distinguished by a rather big price.
The release of the model in question was suspended at the end of the 90s of last year, therefore, now only used units can be purchased. Motorcycles with an engine capacity of more than 400 cubic centimeters cannot a priori be attributed to modifications for beginners. It is to this category that the Honda NTV 650 Deauville (647 cc) is assigned. This two-wheeled vehicle is not inferior in many respects and surpasses most analogues. In general, the technique in question can be briefly described as follows: a reliable, fast, beautiful and serious motorcycle.
Advantages and disadvantages
Judging by the reviews of owners and specialists, the Honda NTV 650 bike has a number of objective advantages. These users include:
- Excellent build quality.
- Gorgeous exterior.
- Speed up to 300 km.
- Longer wheelbase for increased stability at high speed.
- Excellent handling and suitability for moving around the city.
- Easy care.
Among the minuses, the owners highlight the following points:
- Vibration of the power unit is felt at high speeds.
- On a dirt road, power and handling are significantly reduced.
- Not very bright light elements.
- High cost.
Honda NTV 650 Deauville
This modification of the touring motorcycle was produced from 1998 to 2006. Later, it was replaced by an updated version of the NTV 700. The device can be found more often in the European or American market, since it is an export version.
- Engine - V-twin powertrain with a pair of 647cc cylinders. see
- Power - 56 horsepower.
- Torque - 57 Nm.
- The maximum speed is 170 km/h.
- Brake system - discs.
- Fuel tank - 19.5 l.
- Weight - 223 kg.
- Transmission - 5 speeds.
Owners note the quiet operation of the engine along with the high fuel economy.
Honda NTV 650 Revere Specifications
The following are the parameters of the technical plan that the motorcycle in question has:
- Power unit - gasoline647 cc four-stroke engine see
- Power - 60 horsepower.
- The maximum speed is 165 km/h.
- Gearbox - cardan five-speed unit.
- Fuel consumption - 5 liters per 100 km.
- Gas tank capacity - 19 l.
- Weight - 185 kg.
- Brakes are disc.
- Suspension - telescopic fork front, damper rear.
The Honda NTV 650 Revere motorcycle is equipped with a two-cylinder V-engine that competes with similar power units. A good set of traction characteristics is combined with infrequent gear changes, regardless of rpm.
The machine has a liquid cooling system and fuel injection type ONS. Disc brakes make it possible to quickly and smoothly stop the equipment. The five-speed transmission aggregates with cardan drive.
It's worth noting right away that at low speeds, the NTV 650 Honda is somewhat more difficult to control than its counterparts. Quite a lot of weight in combination with a narrow steering wheel leads to the fact that a significant force is required. The wobbling is especially noticeable when overcoming pits and potholes. However, after a short period of time, you quickly get used to such features.
The suspension unit did a pretty good job, although the bike shakes noticeably on large potholes. Telescopes do a great job with small bumps in the pavement. In order to properly adjust the stiffness of the rear shock absorber,use special handles (no tools required).
The motor revs briskly in all gears, actively gaining momentum. To optimize its operation, it is desirable to synchronize the carburetors. For driving around the city, the third speed is quite enough, the sound of the power unit pleases with a special powerful “purr” without disruptions and wheezing.
Motorcycle seating is standard for this type of machine. You can note the wide tank and the footboards shifted back. The driver feels confident at any speed, not shifting from the "seat" during maneuvers.
The saddle itself is thick, wide and low. It also works as an additional shock absorber, taking some of the load on bumps. In fact, this is a full-fledged double seat with a light step and a direct passenger landing. If desired, you can adjust the wardrobe trunk so that there is where to lean on the back.
Comparative characteristics of Honda NTV 650
Below are the main differences between the bike in question and its European "colleague" Hawk GT. The parameters of the last unit are given in brackets:
- Frame type - steel (aluminum alloy).
- Fuel tank - large 19L tank (compact 10L capacity plus reserve tank).
- Steering wheel - standard (on clip-ons).
- The seat is large, low, soft with a full passenger seat (the seat is too high, compact and hard).
- Luggage compartments - there are several places to store tools and other "little things" (there are practically no luggage compartments).
- Tail part - protrudes beyond the dimensions of the wheel (a shortened shank that weakly protects the rider's back from dirt).
- Switching box - during operation, the unit creates a characteristic sound during switching (the unit operates almost silently).
- Drive - cardan (chain).
According to the owners, the specifications of the Honda NTV 650 are excellent for city driving. Users attribute the unpretentiousness of the motorcycle to operation and maintenance to the positive aspects. Comfortable fit allows you to easily overcome long distances. Unlike most Japanese bikes, purchasing spare parts for this unit is not difficult.
Honda is fuel efficient, with one fill-up enough for about 300 kilometers, depending on road conditions and driving style. A two-wheeled vehicle of this category is designed to move on high-quality asph alt, so handling and dynamics are lost on a dirt road. Consumer reviews further confirm this fact.
Let's briefly consider the parameters of the main competitors of the Honda NTV 650 motorcycle:
- VFR 750 from Honda. The device is equipped with a motor for 748 "cubes", power - 105 "horses". The bike accelerates to 232 km / h, equipped with a six-speed transmission. The fuel tank holds 21 liters of gasoline, the consumption of which is 7-8 l / 100 km.
- NSR-125. Despite the aggressive sporty appearance, the motorcyclehas very modest parameters. Engine capacity - 125 cubic meters. cm, top speed - 120 km / h, number of strokes - 2, gearbox - for 6 modes, fuel consumption - 4.3 l / 100 km.
- Translap 600. This bike is a typical enduro bike. Engine power is 55 "horses", volume - 583 "cubes, fuel consumption - 5-6 l / 100 km, speed threshold - 174 km / h.
- "Khusvarna Strada". The motorcycle is equipped with a 625 cubic centimeter engine with a capacity of 58 horsepower. Unit weight - 186 kg, gas tank capacity - 12.3 l.
- BMW C600 Sport. Engine volume - 647 "cubes", power - 60 "horses", weight - 249 kg. Fuel tank capacity - 16 l.
The Honda NTV 650 motorcycle is optimally suited for moving on paved roads both around the city and beyond. The device is distinguished by good control and comfortable fit, which allows it to be used for long-distance travel. Reliability and high build quality make the bike extremely popular among fans of two-wheeled "iron horses".