The safety of you, your passengers and those around you largely depends not only on your driving skills, on the condition of the road surface and the time of day. In addition, the technical equipment and serviceability of your car has a great influence. That is why the state, represented by the traffic police service, urgently requires to periodically undergo a state technical inspection of vehicles. How often you visit these services depends on your vehicle's year of manufacture.
According to the rules that were introduced in 2007, the first inspection must be carried out immediately after purchasing a car. Further checks of the car up to seven years old are required to take place every 2 years, and older ones - once a year. However, if the vehicle is designed to carry eight or more passengers, then the vehicle must be inspected twice a year, that is, every six months.
The vehicle must be properly prepared: wash thoroughly, adjust the headlights, check the wipers, the operation of the door locks, the horn and the seat belts. In addition to the full serviceability of the car, it must have a fire extinguisher, a sign "emergencystop” and a first aid kit, equipped with a full list of necessary drugs. No medicine should be expired. In addition, it is required to prepare a list of required documents, which include the following: passport, driver's license, medical certificate, technical passport issued for this vehicle, or a power of attorney in your name, an appropriate receipt that confirms the fact of tax payment, as well as payment for the technical inspection itself.
First, you should meet with the inspector, therefore, you should not forget about your appearance.
Technical inspection is as follows. Previously, this was done by highly qualified specialists in this field using only their skills and a minimum set of equipment. Modern equipment has greatly improved the monitoring of vehicles, increased efficiency and productivity. The purpose of the check is to identify malfunctions and violations in the operation of structural elements according to the following parameters:
1. Checking brake systems. According to the latest regulations, this also includes the ABS system and the automatic brake force regulator. Allowed deviation from the normal value within 0.7 meters.
2. Steering. According to the manufacturer's standards, the allowable backlash is determined, but if there is none, then the limit value is 10 °.
3. Monitoring of windshield wipers and lights.
4. Examinationfuel systems, as well as all places of passage of other working fluids and exhaust gas systems.
5. Wheels and tires are carefully inspected, so care must be taken to ensure that tires are appropriate for the season.
6. Monitoring of security systems (from seat belts to emergency exits).
After passing all the tests, you will receive the appropriate coupon, which indicates that your vehicle is in good working order and ready to travel. If any malfunctions are found, you are given 20 days to finalize and correct them, after which you should come back to the inspection station.