Each motorist, in addition to the standard set, must have a tow rope. He will help to get a stuck car out of the mud, to drag a suddenly broken car to the nearest service station. The cables that are offered on store shelves are equipped with hooks or carabiners. Due to the devices, the driver can quickly attach the twisted product to the car body. But what if the cable is old or there is no carabiner on it? How to tie a tow rope quickly and securely to get a dead knot? Professionals share with beginners how to knit knots. These skills may be needed at any time, so do not neglect them.
In automotive practice, several types of nodes are used. This is a gazebo knot (bowline), towing. The advantages of these particular combinations are that they are easy toknit, they do not tighten and will not spoil the cable. Knots can unravel themselves, and if necessary, they are simply and quickly untied.
This cable tie has another name - bowline. The knitting pattern for the bowline knot is as follows:
- First of all, take one end of the cable by hand, then bend it and twist it into a loop.
- Next, bend the loop to the cable and pull out another one through it. This second loop will be movable.
- Then put the remaining end of the towing cable into the moving loop and pull it until a loop of the desired size is formed.
- Next, it remains to put the loop on the hook.
This knot is extremely strong and can be easily untied after towing is complete. The pictures show in great detail how to knit it.
Here's how to tie the towline in a different pattern:
- The end of the sling is thrown over the eye of the towing car from the left to the right side.
- The free part is pulled out from below, from under the already stretched sling.
- At the left end, you need to make a regular loop and overlap it on the hook. The free part of the sling is pulled from the right side and then it is necessary to make another loop on the free part of the sling and again overlap it on the eyelet or hook.
- The free end is fixed with an ordinary knot.
Bowline is a very popular knot among motorists. It is used all over the world. With this article andof the figures given, this node can be used by every driver who is stuck in the mud or decides to offer someone his help on the road. In order not to get confused in an emergency, you can practice a little tying and untying.