2023 Author: Erin Ralphs | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-20 18:31
At the Frankfurt Motor Show, Volkswagen presented to the general public two electric cars at once (E-Golf and E-UP). These variations on the electric run should replenish the new model range of the concern. The manufacturer claims that the modifications are distinguished not only by ease of operation, but also by a very attractive price. Let's try to figure out what is the cheapest electric car you can find now in the relevant market? This question is very relevant, given the widespread development of this industry.
List of the cheapest electric vehicles we can provide to your attention:
- One of the most affordable types of electric transport is offered by the American company Alvarez Electric Motors. The simplest Eco-E modification will cost about 10 thousand dollars, a minivan - up to 18,000, and an EcoTruck truck - at least 25 thousand "green". In the case of operating the unit within the country, the manufacturer offers a good discount.
- In Germany, engineering students have designed an electric car specifically for the European Union's environmental program. On the exterior, the Street Scooter resembles a Kia Soul car, while its pricevaries within 5 thousand euros.
- Not the cheapest electric car Smart Fortwo Electric Drive will cost consumers about 19 thousand euros. This model fell into the "budget" category due to the fact that most of its competitors of the same class with similar characteristics are much more expensive.
- The Indian car Mahindra ("Mahindra") on electric traction can be safely attributed to cheap versions. Its average market price is $2,700. The car accelerates to 80 km / h, has a power reserve of about 100 kilometers. In addition, the company will release a mobile application that allows you to control the battery charge and other parameters.
- Finally, Renault Twizzy. This microcar resembles a hypermarket cart and has no doors. But the price of miracle technology is only 7.5 thousand euros.
The cheapest electric car in Russia
In February, the Russian automotive market was replenished with the budget electric car E-Car GD04A, which is sold under the brand name of the domestic company Dahmer. Estimated price of equipment is about 450 thousand rubles, which is an order of magnitude (5 times) cheaper than European and Japanese counterparts.
VAZ EL-Lada costs almost three times more. For the sake of justice, it should be noted that the named electric car is only partially Russian. Let's consider its parameters and features in more detail.
The main manufacturer of this machine on an electric ship is the Chinese company Shandong Shifeng Group. The domestic company "Dahmer" purchases the basic framework and finalizescheapest Chinese electric car. In particular, it completes it with helium batteries, which are more suitable for domestic climatic conditions.
The exterior of the cheapest electric car clearly shows the features of a Daewoo Matiz with the back of a Chinese copy of the Chery QQ. The power unit is rear-mounted and has a power rating of 6 kW (about 8 horsepower).
The speed limit of the vehicle in question is 50 km/h, with a range in warm weather of about 150 km. The batteries take 5 hours to charge in fast mode and 10 in standard mode. If you use the second recharge option, the battery life is up to 10 years, with fast charging, it is halved.
Also, this unit is equipped with a braking recovery system. This clearly determines its urban affiliation with the need for frequent slowdowns and stops.
The most popular and cheapest electric car in the domestic market E-Car is equipped with five seats. The basic equipment includes a radio tape recorder aggregated with USB-drives and analogs of the SD type.
For driving in cold weather there is a stove. Helium batteries make it possible to move around in winter without problems, however, the power reserve is somewhat reduced due to the loss of battery capacity. With the heater on, this figure is at least 30 kilometers.
Electric car equipped with drum brakesrear and front, almost all the space in the trunk is occupied by batteries. Oddly enough, there is some free space under the hood, since the electric motor is located on the rear axle of the vehicle.
Comparison with competitors
One of the cheapest electric vehicles in the world has two main competitors in the domestic market. The first of these is the Mitsubishi i-MiEV model, which has a price of about 1.8 million rubles. The power indicator of an electric car from Japan is 67 “horses”, the speed threshold is 130 km / h, the cruising range is 150 km. The vehicle is charged through a special device for half an hour, and from a standard outlet - 8 hours.
The second competitor of E-car is the domestic analogue of EL-Lada. The cost of equipment is 1.2 million rubles. The electric car has not yet entered the free sale. The assembly and production of the machine is carried out in the Stavropol Territory for taxi companies. The reserve of the unit is 140 km for moving with one charge, it is charged from a conventional network - 8 hours, the power of the power plant is 82 horsepower. The maximum speed is 140 km/h.
It can be concluded that although the E-Car is noticeably inferior in dynamics to its main competitors in the domestic market, its performance indicators, as for an electric car (including the range and charging period), are quite acceptable. The price is not even worth talking about, it is beyond competition. The technique is not an expensive toy, it can be safely classified as a compact full-fledged electric car. machine compared tosimilar sedans or SUVs will pay for itself much faster.
Cheapest Chinese electric car
Russian-made Oka is approximately comparable to the characteristics of the Baojun E100 electric car, which the Chinese manufacturer SAIC-GM-Wuling presented as the cheapest in the world.
The price of equipment was 5, 3 thousand dollars. Despite the democratic cost, the unit is a full-fledged vehicle with good equipment and good technical parameters. The machine was developed in cooperation with the American company GM.
Already in the standard configuration, the electric car is equipped with "ABS", a parking sensor, a parking brake (such as an "electronic handbrake"). In addition, the equipment has a system for recognizing objects in motion. Optionally available is a multimedia radio with a seven-inch touchscreen screen, keyless start, a Wi-Fi module, an air purification system in the cabin.
The height of the vehicle is 1.67 meters with a wheelbase of 1.6 m. The turning radius is 3.7 m.
Baojun E100 is capable of speeds up to 100 km/h. One battery charge is enough to overcome 155 km. Full battery charging lasts 7.5 hours. A cheap novelty on an electric boat is equipped with an engine with a capacity of about 40 horsepower (29 kW). Peak torque - 100 Nm.
The top ten electric cars in question were sold in China. The number of people who want to get economical and gasoline-free transportamounted to more than five thousand people. After testing in the Chinese market, Baojun E100 is likely to enter the overseas level. Since the co-author of the creation of the electric car is General Motors, it will “disguise” itself as a Chevrolet or Opel brand, under which some electric versions are now released.
Next, we will look at some of the cheapest children's electric cars with the main characteristics of the models.
Baby Tilly T-761:
- Type - children's electric car.
- Age category - from three years old.
- The main material of manufacture is high-strength plastic.
- The maximum load indicator is 30 kg.
- Number of gears - one forward and one back.
- The maximum speed is 3 km/h.
- Radio control and seat belt available.
Baby Tilly T-766:
- Material - plastic.
- Maximum load - 25 kg.
- Dimensions - 1060/420/620 mm.
- Brake and accelerator combined in one pedal.
- Speeds - 2 forward and 1 reverse gear.
- Working resource without recharging - 1.5 hours
- Speed limit - 5 km/h.
- Charging time - 12-15 hours
The Henes Broon T870 jeep can also be included in the category of "cheapest electric cars for children". Its characteristics:
- Age 3-8 years old.
- Seats are one.
- Maximum load - 35 kg.
- Dimensions - 1340/770/530 mm.
- Wheels - polyurethane.
- Speeds - 5 forward and one reverse.
- Continuous working resource - 3 hours
- The maximum speed is 8 km/h.
- Battery charging - up to 12 hours
- Belt, safety, seat adjustment, radio control - yes.
In conclusion, I would like to mention one more children's electric car - Geoby W456EQ. An excellent and bright electric car will become a favorite entertainment for your child. It will not be just a toy, but will help to acquire basic driving skills that will be useful in the future. The machine is powered by a battery that powers a 15W motor. The maximum speed is about 3 km / h, the weight load is allowed no more than 35 kg. Remote control and safety straps provide additional safety during operation.
According to the forecasts of many experts, electric vehicles by 2025 will become cheaper than traditional vehicles equipped with internal combustion engines. The average cost of a full-fledged electric car by that time will be about 30 thousand dollars, while now this figure varies around 43 thousand "green". In any case, this direction will develop not only because of the cheapness, but also due to minimal environmental pollution. Although it is unlikely that it will be possible to completely abandon diesel and gasoline models soon.